Sunday, November 6, 2011

Stampotique Designers Challenge SDC41

Well, the theme this fortnight at Stampotique Designers Challenge was 'altered poison bottle'.  This was a little out of my depth/comfort zone, and I couldn't think how to make this work.  Then I thought about love being a drug, and then I had a flicker of an idea.


I had to buy a little bottle (this was from a packet of glitter from the cheap store) which I emptied and coloured internally using cranberry and current alcohol ink.  I used 'Daniel's Hearts' with black staz on ink which I rolled around the side of the bottle.


I stamped some more hearts on cardstock and coloured those with fired brick and aged mahogany distress inks.  A label printed from the computer and a bit more colouring, as well as some twisted wire, and voila!  A little vial of 'love potion' - filled (appropriately or not) with little silver cake toppings (not that I plan to eat them of course - I can see some of the alcohol ink has transferred from the bottle to the little cake toppings!)


Thanks for stopping by :)

Fiona
xx

10 comments:

Vicky said...

This is so very cute, and a clever take on the poison theme too... Enjoy the rest of your Sunday :)

Basement Stamper said...

Fee this turned out awesome, love how you have the hearts sticking up! Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge.

shirley said...

Fee this bottle is so cute...you sure its poison? LOL.
Love the hearts :)

Be(e) said...

Gorgeous altered bottle!! Love the warm rich colors and the fun stamped elements!
Els.

dutchstamptramp said...

So beautifully altered! Thanks for joining the Stampotique designer's challenge

Salamanda's Scrappy Adventures said...

Super cute bottle and love is a drug... the hearts look fab.

Willy said...

Funny and fabulous bottle! Thanks for joining us at SDC # 41.

thekathrynwheel said...

Fabulous! What a great idea, I love the wire and the hearts. Thanks for joining the challenge. Kate

Gez said...

Gorgeous altered bottle! I just love the little hearts! Very clever.

Thank you for joining us at Stampotique Designers Challenge.

flutterbycrafter said...

A gorgeous cute little bottle, love the hearts