Wednesday, January 11, 2012

2012 calendar - January

So way back in 2010 I really wanted to make my own calendar - time got the better of me (as well as the fact that I didn't have a square punch and the idea of cutting out 365 squares was a bit mind boggling), and I ended up just printing a month at a time off the computer.  So in 2011, I decided definitely I was going to give my calendar idea a go, and got a start on it in early December.  Unfortunately, life got hectic (understatement here) and I didn't get too much past these pages.  The cover, and January's pages, and a smidge of February's.

I really love Kate Crane's work, and I was fortunate enough to be given a copy of her dvd's for Christmas, but I have challenged myself not to watch them until I have finished the mixed media calendar I have begun already, for fear I might change what I'm doing and have a mostly different looking calendar from March onwards!!

So here is my cover..


 These pages are A4 white cardstock.  When I'm all done I will be binding them together like a proper calendar (in the mean time, January is blu tacked to my wall!)

Here is the January double...


 Here is the top half of January....

 

 And the bottom half....


You can definitely see that I have taken much inspiration from Kate Crane in completing these pages.  Thanks Kate for the inspiration :)  So while these are not daily journals, it is a step in the right direction.  Maybe next year I will move on up to actually creating these pages as a calendar journal AND purpose to write on it everyday!  But I think these still count to taking part in Kate's Calendar challenge.

Thanks for visiting :)

Fiona
xx

Stamps Used:

Cover:

Heidi Grace (Reagans Closet & Borders)
Paperbag Studios (Journal Impressions)
Hero Arts (Birds & Branches)
Stampers Anonymous (Stuff to Say)

January Pages:

Kaisercraft (Bubblewrap)
My Minds Eye (Flirty Play)
Stampers Anonymous (Papillon)
Paperbag Studios (Journal Impressions)
Heidi Grace (Borders)
Paper Artsy (HP1006)
Darkroom Door (Alphabet Medley)

Other Products Used:

Adirondack Colour Wash
Acrylic Paint
Gesso
Distress Inks
White Gel Pen
Black Tombow Pen
Black Artline
Patterned Paper Scraps

11 comments:

Katt aka LaLa said...

Awesome cover and page!! I have yet to decorate the cover of my calendar or start my Feb. pages yet, so your definately on a roll in my opinion :p I love all the stamping and bright colors you chose. Can't wait to see what you create for February :)

shirley said...

Fee, I think you may be my lost twin!
I have been wanting the Kate Crane DVD`s. I love her art journals. Also been thinking about making my own calendar for the last two years!
Your pages so far are fabulous :)
Looking forward to seeing the rest of it.

Jenxo said...

fiona it looks wonderful , and i will go check out Kate Cranes journal pages, fabulous work !!!

Rainbow Lady said...

Fabulous pages and love your cover... not done mine yet. I too got the DVDs for Christmas and not looked yet. Love Cynthia # 58 x

Marjie Kemper said...

Gorgeous pages! Love your colors and the way you did the year on the cover. Beautiful stuff.

Marjie Kemper said...

Gorgeous pages! Love your colors and the way you did the year on the cover. Beautiful stuff.

thekathrynwheel said...

Beautiful pages! The colours are so wonderful and I love the flowers. Welcome to the challenge, so pleased to have you playing along. Looking forward to seeing your creations during the rest of 2012. Happy new year!

Janique de Suisse said...

so beautiful ! I love the warm colors !!

Sharne's Bits 'n' Bobs said...

A fabulous page, cant wait to see it completed at the end of the month.

Sheila MJ said...

Love your Jan pages, great colours, and how super to do a cover too.

joanna said...

Just beautiful! love the cover and your January spread!
joanna