Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Gingersnaps Creations GC135

One of the current challenges over at the Gingersnaps Creations blog was to use your favourite paper, as well as this month being a month of using your scraps.  I am not a big paper favourite person, but I know this paper by Kaisercraft I have gone to again and again in the last 12 months - it is black with white spots on one side, and the other side is this awesome lime green with black spots.

I made this 4" x 4" card on a black base, layered with white cardstock on which I embossed white circles from Paperbag Studios Journal Impressions set.

**EDITED TO ADD: This was chosen as a Ginger Gem**

I knew I wanted to be creative with my remains of this paper (I haven't checked to see if I have a spare sheet of it, but this is the end of the scrap I have been cutting into for months!).  I stamped five circles from the same Paperbag Studios Journal Impressions set using Black Archival ink.  I trimmed them out and pinched and glued them together so they resembled flower petals.


 A little bit of hand stitching, some dimension magic to attach the petals and the button centre and it was all done - clean and simple :)

Thanks for visiting!

Fiona
xx

5 comments:

Basement Stamper said...

I adore how you did these flowers! Gorgeous!

shirley said...

Love how you made the fab flower Fee.
Great paper.

JeanFB said...

This is such a clever card, and I love the dimension on it! Thanks for playing along at Gingersnap Creations.

Angelica said...

Wow, I love the flower, so cool..

Estelle said...

This is just so clever!