Monday, January 16, 2012

Stampotique Designers Challenge #46

Stampotique Designers Challenge #46 is to create a pocket or purse calendar.  How fun is that?  I always get a freebie from somewhere as I've never thought of making my own, but this ATC-size calendar was fun to make.



**EDITED TO ADD:  This was chosen as a favourite**

Don't forget to use Stampotique stamps if you are going to play along with this challenge!  I have used Honeycomb Background, French Text, Tiny Spiral, Blocks and Mela.


These were coloured with Distress Inks (Tattered Rose, Dried Marigold, Scattered Straw, Victorian Velvet, Aged Mahogany), but I did use some gesso on the honeycomb background.  Derwent Coloursoft pencils added a bit of colour to Mela, and Black Archival ink was used to stamp her.

I also used Tim Holtz Typeset and ATC dies.  The calendar months came from here, and I just re-sized it a little and printed it out then cut and coloured them with Distress Inks.  The quote was one I found early on in January on pinterest and thought it very applicable to me, so thought it would be a good reminder to put on the back of my calendar.

Thanks for visiting :)

Fiona
xx

13 comments:

Jenxo said...

love it fiona, and what a great quote !

shirley said...

Love your funky calendar Fiona!
Great quote..could relate to me today. I feel better now :)

Vicky said...

What a fab idea for a pocket calendar, & the quote is the perfect finishing touch :)

Willy said...

Wonderful calendar and great quote! Thanks for joining us at Stampotique.

Basement Stamper said...

Great little ATC calendar, so cute!!! Love how small it is. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge.

Renee said...

Wow this is so cute!

Jane Wetzel said...

what a cool idea! GREAT size too! Glad u joined in at Stampotique :)

Laura said...

Great calendar. Great size and so useful to see all the months laid out together. Fantastic background too!

R.Maria Sabina ( Lollyrot) said...

gorgeous background and calendar! thanks for sharing your creation on SDC

thekathrynwheel said...

Gorgeous colours. I just love this, it's so cute and tiny!

Kaz said...

I really love every bit of this calendar! Such a fab idea to make it ATC size. Thanks for joining in with us again at Stampotique.

Valerie H. Wilson said...

This is one of those projects that just takes my breath away and makes me look at it over and over again! I absolutely love the colors - and the fact that it's an ATC size that will fit absolutely anywhere! Beautiful Fiona!
Thank you for sharing with us at Stampotique this week!
Val :)

Gez said...

Wow! It is a beautiful calendar. I really like the idea of it being atc size.. it would make a lovely gift. Thank you for joining Stampotique Designers challenge.