Thursday, February 2, 2012

February Calendar

Here is my calendar page for February.  I struggled with this one a bit.  I think I tried too hard - sometimes when I try too hard, things just don't seem to come together the way I see them in my head.  I haven't been able to get any more pages done, but I'm going to try to relax a little more when I do the next one...





I'm not using this as an art journal, just a calendar.  I'm building up to the art journal... maybe next year ;)  I'm joining in with Kate Crane's Calendar Challenge.  You can see her February post here.

Fiona
xx

Stamps Used:

Kaisercraft 'Love'
Stampers Anonymous 'Love Struck'
Darkroom Door 'Artist' and 'Alphabet Medley'
Paperbag Studios 'Journal Impressions
Stampotique 'Minky Girl' and 'Eric' and 'Daniel's Hearts'

Other Products Used:

Gesso
Acrylic Paint
Adirondack Colorwash 
Distress Inks
Black Archival Ink
Inktense Pencils
Papers - Bo Bunny 'A gift of love' and offcuts for the squares.

12 comments:

Jenxo said...

oh it looks wonderful Fiona, sometimes we think too hard rather than just let it thappen.....

love the vibrant colors you used too...

Milla said...

Great calendar page, the purple colour looks fantastic and I really like the scallop border.

Oh and the trying too hard bit? Been there, done that more than I care to remember ;D

Linda said...

I love your page -you did a great job-I wouldn never have thought you struggled with it. Loving this challenge and visiting everyone's art!

Rainbow Lady said...

No need to worry as these pages are super... love the bright colours. Love Cynthia x #19

Be(e) said...

What a fun idea for a calendar, Fiona!! Love the colors and design on this one! Enjoy the following months ;)

flutterbycrafter said...

Wowser, love it, love it, love it

Cath Wilson said...

Fabby dabby fun pages x

Sam said...

Beautiful! I love the green and pink colour combo! x

Dianne said...

Lovely vibrant page. Love the colours. Dianne.

Caro said...

A beautiful page. Like the idea of the double side.

Lynette (NZ) said...

Great colour combo. Have a fun feb

thekathrynwheel said...

This is gorgeous - I wouldn't know you had struggled with this! Beautiful colour and I love the Stampotique figures :-)
Well done for keeping up so far!