Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Stampotique Designers Challenge #48

It's challenge time again at Stampotique Designers Challenge Blog!  This week the challenge is to CASE a Stampotique Designer.  How awesome is that?!  So much inspiration to choose from....

I have decided to try my hand at CASE-ing the work of the very talented Kate Crane.  I had fun trawling back through her blog to find a project that I could CASE pretty closely.  Toward the end of last year Kate made a bookmark for one of the Stampotique Designer Challenges, and I had two of the three stamps, so I thought it would be a good one to try.  You can see Kate's original masterpiece right here on her blog.

I was missing the splatter stamp, so had to make do with splats of ink from the end of the dropper.


I think mine is a little bit 'heavier' (darker?) than Kate's, and those splats are quite obviously not the same.


Overall I am pretty happy with how it turned out - but how awesome would it be to see them side by side in real life??  Kate - fancy a trip Down Under??  Just kidding...  ;)

Thanks for stopping by

Fiona
xx

Products Used:


Stamps:


Stampotique "French Text" by Jo Capper-Sandon
Stampotique "Minkygirl" by Daniel Torrente


Other Products:


Distress Inks: Wild Honey; Barn Door; Rusty Hinge; Black Soot
Adirondack Color Wash: Sunset Orange; Red Pepper
Acrylic Paint: Black, White, Pale Gold
Black Archival Ink
Old book paper
Old Plastic stamp packet
sewing machine & thread
Derwent Inktense Pencils
trim & beads

14 comments:

shirley said...

WOW Fiona! I thought I was looking at Kate Crane's art!
Love your 'splatters'. Great 'CASE'
It would be great if Kate Crane could visit Down Under. I must get my hands on her DVD`s.

Jenny said...

Absolutely fabulous Fee... your bookmark is gorgeous... I am a fan of Kate's work also... and you have embraced it beautifully... such delicious colors too...

Jenny x

Willy said...

Fabulous CASE, Fiona! Thanks for joining us at Stampotique.

Julie S. said...

This looks incredible! Nicely done.

Basement Stamper said...

Great bookmark, these looks just like hers, beautiful job and thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge this week.

Ana K. said...

This is realy CASE, great job! You have realy nice blog, incredible work.
Thanks for visit!

Kaz said...

Absolutely gorgeous CASE, it's brilliant. Thanks for joining us again at Stampotique x

♥ Mys ♥ said...

Wow this bookmark is amazing Fiona:D
I really l♥ve it!
*Hugs, Inger*

Jane Wetzel said...

Beautiful!! and yes, ...would love to see them side by side lol Hmmmm...I would go either place! lol
glad u joined us at Stampotique!!!

Sue said...

Brilliant Fee, love the beautiful vibrant colours x

Renee said...

I would love to see them side by side too! Really beautiful Fee, I love anything Kate Crane.

Gez said...

Fantastic artwork Fee. Thank you for joining the Stampotique Designers Challenge.

Valerie H. Wilson said...

Wow! That's amazing! They really are "cousins"!! Thank you for sharing with us at Stampotique!
Val :)

Mim said...

love, Love, LOVE the way you capture colour in things Fiona! The Stampotique stamps are growing on me too!!