Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Stampotique Designers Challenge #49

The current challenge at Stampotique Designers Blog is a colour challenge - pink, purple and black.

I have been struggling a bit lately with being focussed on creating.... sometimes the old desire to put colours or textures together just slips off quietly and before you know it, you haven't made anything for ages, and empty spaces are terrifying....  so I have been putting off entering this challenge because I just couldn't focus on those colours.

Anyway, last night I sat down and just had a play with some stuff, tried out some techniques, and kept my project small so it wasn't overwhelming. 


I used these stamps from Stampotique: French Text (Jo Capper-Sandon); Blocks (Maryse Carrier); 3 Hearts by Kelle McCarter.

Thanks for visiting!

Fiona
xx

Other products used:
 
Adirondack Color wash in wild plum and purple twilight
Gesso
Acrylic paint
Tim Holtz typeset die
Black archival ink
Derwent inktense pencils

9 comments:

dutchstamptramp said...

Wonderful! Love the depth in the background! Thanks for joining the Stampotique designer's challenge

Basement Stamper said...

very cool, glad to see you creating! Thanks for joining us at stampotique designer's challenge.

Renee said...

It turned out so cute I can't believe you had a difficult time with the colors!

Willy said...

Wonderful piece and great background! Thanks for joining us at SDC 49.

Kaz said...

So glad you got there in the end, this is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us again at Stampotique.

AssiCrafts said...

This is really fab! Love the background! xoxo

Laura said...

Great make. I love these stamps with their headgear.

Jenxo said...

it turned out beautifully....

thekathrynwheel said...

Well, I'm glad you decided to have a play with the colours becuase this turned out just great! I love this pink / purple combo, thanks so much for joining us at the Stampotique Designers Challenge.