Monday, April 2, 2012

April Calendar page

My creativity has been sorely tested of late, so I am glad I had gotten ahead on my calendar pages for a few months.  I love the combination of black, white and lime green.  I do remember I had fun with this background - messy, unplanned, go with the flow type of thing.


The quote is by Helen Keller and reads:

"I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish
small things as if they were great and noble."


What do you think?


I am joining in with Kate Crane's monthly journal pages, although mine are not technically for journalling.... maybe next year.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

Fiona
xx

Stamps used:
Tim Holtz urban grunge (script)
Tim Holtz French market (diamond)
Tim Holtz papillon (text and butterfly strips)
Stampotique Mela
Paperbag Studios journal impressions
Making Memories foam alphas


Other items used:
Adirondack color wash - lettuce
Archival black ink
Acrylic paints
Colorbox frost white ink
Gesso
Distress ink (shabby shutters and black soot)
Derwent Coloursoft pencils

20 comments:

Diane M. said...

Fiona, Love the color green you used, as it means spring is coming for those of us inthe northern hemisphere. Monday where you are< Sunday where I am in Seattle,WA. Been looking at your posts both recent and past. Love your work. Will be checking in to see your works to come. Diane

Lynette (NZ) said...

Lovely page - enjoying the colours and the lettering too.

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

Oh, this is lovely. I really like the lettering and the colors. Thanks for sharing your supplies...Those Stampotique stamps are so darn cute.

Sandra Hall said...

Lovely pages and a great quote too :)

Lynn said...

Really like the colours, looks great

Cath Wilson said...

Absolutely wonderful pages and you're right - that's a brilliant colour combo. Love your quote and that's a great idea to do your pages that way, with an inspirational quote. Maybe I'll go with that next month - love getting new ideas from people's work x

Willy said...

It looks great!

shirley said...

FABULOUS! Love the colour combo and stamps.

Janique de Suisse said...

I discover your blog just now, and I LOVE aaaaaaall your cards, calendar pages ... Hop, your blog is in my favourites ;-))

flutterbycrafter said...

I love green too, and this is stunning

dianehobbit said...

Simply wonderful, just love that shade of green. Thanks for the list of products used!

Linda said...

I love this shade of green, and am such a fan of using quotes-this is truly a wonderful spread and am so glad I found Kate's project for this year!

Sara Jansen said...

WOWZA...I LOVE THIS. I am so challenged when it comes to words, lettering etc., that to see a whole page executed so well is like a fountain of inspriation. I love the images on the day blocks too! Have a great April.

krisandkreate said...

Usual fabbyness ... you never disappoint :)

Caro said...

great way of using all this different letters. I really like your page.

Joyous said...

Your pages look fab! love the greens and the quote.

Carol said...

what lovely pager and like the quote.

Milla said...

Great calendar page! Love the quote :)

Merry said...

Beautiful work.

thekathrynwheel said...

OOh, I do so love this colour combo. The Stampotique image in black and white against the background looks fab!