Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Stampotique Guest Designer week 3

My third week over at Stampotique guest designing sees a very bright and cheery get well card.


I have used black and white cardstock, and papers from Kaisercraft (Candy Lane Collection and Chapter One Collection).  Some edge distressing, sewing, and circles create a whimsical feel.  Bird is stamped with black archival ink and coloured with distress inks.


I used black paint for the large circles, and distress ink for the smaller circles and for edging my greeting.  The flower is one I had made a while ago using cotton, and was the last one I had in green.


I have used these Stampotique stamps:

Bird Legs by Janet Klein
and
Feel Better Soon by Carol's Collections

You can pop over to the Stampotique Designers Blog for more inspiration, or check out the latest challenge at Stampotique Designers Challenge Blog.

Fiona
xx

7 comments:

Willy said...

Funny and beautiful card!

Basement Stamper said...

gorgeous bright colors and love the stitching on this!

Lynn said...

You couldn't help but feel better after receiving this card - that bird just makes you smile. Great card.

Salamanda's Scrappy Adventures said...

That card would cheer anyone up - funky card

mustavcoffee, Gay Peplow said...

Lots of joy in your card Fiona, I think it would make anybody feel a whole lot better:0) xx

Karin said...

a beautiful, funny card, nice colors too!

Jackie Rockwell said...

Oh wow I'm glad I found your blog! I LOVE your style—and the funky cards you make! The tall bird is a riot!!! LOVE it!