Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Stampotique Guest Designer - week 4 - Challenge Week

It's challenge day again at Stampotique, and this is my last week of guest designing for them.  It has been an honour to be amongst such talent with the Stampotique Design Team girls - thanks so much for the opportunity!

The challenge this week is........ATC!

Something I am discovering about making ATC's, is that I like to use a quote and build my ATC around it.  This ATC was no different.  I began thinking about the quote on the stamp 'may I always be'  and it reads:

May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

And that is a quirky quote right there, which has endless possibilities.  But I changed it around so it read:

May I always be the kind of person I think I am.

Just a bit of a reminder that we are all different, and that we need to remember that we are ok just the way we are.

So here is my ATC:


I teamed up the quote with a neat image by Daniel Torrente.  The background is acrylic paints, with over stamping in distress inks.  The quote and image are stamped with black archival, and batboy is coloured with Derwent Inktense Pencils.  A little bit of sewing and more paint and some edging in black marker finished it off.


Once again - thanks to Stampotique for the opportunity of guest designing - and don't forget to head over to the challenge blog to see some more inspiration from the team and to upload your ATC entries.

Stampotique Stamps Used:

Honeycomb Background by Josie Cirincione
Daniel's Hearts by Daniel Torrente
French Text by Jo Capper-Sandon
Batboy by Daniel Torrente
May I Always Be by Carol's Collection

Fiona
xx

7 comments:

Willy said...

Love your ATC and quote!

shirley said...

Love it Fee!

Basement Stamper said...

It has been an honor having you as our guest designer this month, your creations are always amazing and your ATC is so cute, love the color combination.

Valerie H. Wilson said...

Oh, this is wonderful, Fiona! Your work is always tremendously inspiring! I love that you have changed around the quote... what a great idea!!
Val :)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Adorable! LOVE that quote and this little guy! Beautifully coloring!

Alison said...

Fantastic ATC Fee! Great background! x

Sue said...

This is fabulous Fee, I love it x