Friday, July 27, 2012

Book Art Journal - Despair

Well, I successfully completed another page in my book art journal this week.  It is quite sombre, as the abstract noun I was exploring this week was 'despair'.

I worked with my Derwent Inktense Pencils this week.  The bricks took a bit of time, so I've actually been working on this for a couple of days.


I used a light brush of gesso just around abouts where I thought the bricks would end up being, and kind of just built on from that.  I used Dylusions black marble spray ink for the text.


I'm really trying to explore different areas of creativity by focussing on a word and having the design grow as an extension of that word.  I hope I'll be back soon with another one :)

Thanks for stopping by

Fiona
x

1 comments:

Jenny said...

Love this Fee... the bricks over the book text are fabulous... aren't Inktense Pencils wonderful...

Hugs
Jenny x