Sunday, July 29, 2012

Stampotique Challenge SDC 59

I am joining in on the challenge of at the Stampotique Designers Challenge this fortnight, which has the theme of birds and buttons.

I thought I'd make an ATC this week which I have called "get your skates on" so I could keep experimenting with creating backgrounds. This one is acrylic paints with a little dylusions spray ink as well.  I began with a base layer of gesso.

*EDITED TO ADD:  This was chosen as a top three.

I used the alphabitties stamps as a background stamp which was a little tedious with the paint, but I am happy with how it turned out.

Thanks for stopping in :)

Fiona
x

Stampotique Stamps Used:

Bird Legs (Large) (Janet Klein)
Honeycomb Background (Josie Cirincione)
Alphabitties (Jill Penney & Daniel Torrente)

Other Products Used:

Acrylic Paints
Gesso
Dylusions Ink Spray 'fresh lime'
The Crafter's Workshop 'mini chevron' stencil
Derwent Coloursoft pencils
sewing machine & buttons

11 comments:

Gez said...

oh WOW Fiona, this is SO clever! Just brilliant! Thank you for joining the Stampotique Designer's Challenge again. Gez

AssiCrafts said...

Love this ATC, very cool! xoxo

Kaz said...

I really love this Fiona, fab skates! Thanks for joining us again at Stampotique.

Reflective Art Studio said...

Love it Love it...
Bird on wheels.
Best,
Sarinda

Colleen Dietrich said...

This is just full of whimsy, Fee! Love those 'skates' on this bird. :) It was great of you to visit my blog recently...it was super nice to see you.

Carla said...

love your bird on wheels

Samantha Read said...

Such a sweet ATC Fiona :o)

Basement Stamper said...

I love the colors and the little bird on skates. So cute! Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge.

shirley said...

Hi Fiona!
LOVE your birdie on skates! The background is fabulous too :)
Hoping to take part in this challenge and get back into blogging.

Lynn said...

It looks good Fiona, love that little birdie too

Jenny said...

Beautiful Fee... gorgeous birdie... and just adore the background color...

Hugs
Jenny x