Friday, August 24, 2012

Fave fave fave colour combo!

Black white and lime green....

I love it...

I absolutely HAD to play along at The Play Date Cafe who are having one of their colour splash challenges.  Isn't this inspiration picture just gorgeous?!  Did I say I love this colour combo?  ;)


I also wanted to enter Moxie Fab World's 'The Focal Point' Challenge. With two teenagers in the house, and  sometimes unexpected friends birthdays popping up, this card came together with just that focus in mind.  I really wanted to add a little bling, but even when I tried black bling I felt it made the card too feminine, so I opted out so it could be used for a boy or girl.


This is a pretty simple card, and I had loads of fun making it.  It has been very relaxing sitting indoors while the wind whips around outside, creating and photographing my project.   I mixed some gesso with Dylusions Ink Spray to make the lime circles - the black one is acrylic paint.  I used two die cut 'u' shapes, and mounted them with glue dots for a little extra dimension.


Thanks for visiting!

Fiona
x

Products Used:
Gesso
Dylusions Ink Spray - fresh lime
Black acrylic paint
Sam & Lucy weave extra - white alphas
Verve die - I heart U
cardstock
glue dots

Stamps Used:
Darkroom Door - alphabet medley
Paperbag Studios - journal impression

8 comments:

Tracey said...

LOVE this colour combo too! Fabulous card Fee...cool idea to mix liquid ink with the gesso on a card....going to have a go at that :)

Alicia said...

This card is super-darling! I love the cas simplicity and I agree, LOVE these colors. Thanks for sharing your creative mojo at The Play Date Cafe this week. :)

Basement Stamper said...

I love what you did with the paint and spray, those circles look so cool behind the dies.

Patrice said...

Great use of the colors - I'd love for you to link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/08/52-card-pickup-week-34.html

~amy~ said...

FABulous! Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

anya said...

Super fabulous as always, Fee! Always great to see you joining us for the challenges at the Play Date Cafe!! :)

Lynn said...

I love how your "Clean-and-simple" card has just the perfect bit of a grunge/distress to it! Beautiful. Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Cath said...

Hey Fiona! Thanks for linking this up to the Focal Point Challenge in the Moxie Fab World. I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)