Monday, August 13, 2012

Play Date Cafe and Stampotique

A combination of challenges this week.  Firstly with the colour scheme from The Play Date Cafe #144 - gorgeous summery pink, orange and yellow.  Here is their inspiration picture...


And secondly, a sketch challenge brought to you by Stampotique Designers Challenge, SDC60, and here it is...


And finally, here is my card......


*Edited to add: This was chosen as a Cream in our Coffee

I began with a piece of artist canvas which I sprayed with Dylusions Ink Sprays - yum!


I stamped the flower numerous times, and then slowly stitched around the image lines with my sewing machine.  With the canvas being quite thick, this resulted in giving the flowers some depth.  I highlighted this with some watered down white paint around the flower tips, and shaded the centres with a little black Derwent Inktense Pencil.  Then I masked the flowers and stamped the French Text image repeatedly.


To finish the smaller top section I used a stencil and dry brushed white paint through it.  I added a little ribbon and ric rac, and finally, I crocheted a black flower to really set off those beautiful colours in the canvas.


This was so much fun!  I do hope that you'll give one or both of these challenges a go!  Thanks for stopping by :)

Fiona
x

Products Used:
Artists Canvas
Dylusions Ink Sprays: squeezed orange, lemon zest, bubblegum pink, pure sunshine
Archival Black Ink
Distress Ink - Black Soot
The Crafters Workshop - mini damask stencil
white acrylic paint
sewing machine & thread
trim
cotton for crochet flower
buttons

Stamps Used:
Stampotique: Carol's Flower (large) and French Text

19 comments:

dutchstamptramp said...

This is absolutely awesome! Love the colours and the fact you stamped on canvas. Thanks for joining the Stampotique designer's challenge

Samantha Read said...

Totally gorgeous Fiona!
Thanks for joining in with us at Stampotique this week,
Sam

Donna Bowman said...

Beautiful Fiona!! Love the background and the stitched flowers! I'm a Dylusions fan too! Thanks for joining us this week at The Play Date Cafe.

Libby Hickson said...

Oh Fee this is just stunningly gorgeous, I LOVE IT! Love how you used canvas, very cool. Thanks for playing along at the Stampotique Designer's Challenge!

Happy Days said...

Amazing piece of work, such patience too! Thanks for joining us over at the Stampotique Designers Challenge. Good luck. Claire x

AssiCrafts said...

Such a beauty! Thanks for playing with us at the Stampotique Designer's Challenge. xoxo

~amy~ said...

Now that's what I call fancy stitching...looks magnificent...awesome work!! Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Sue said...

Wow Fi this is stunning, I LOVE your crocheting and those yummy Summer colours. Thanks so much for joining us again at Stampotique Designers Challenge x

Gez said...

Hi Fiona, so happy you could play along with us this week. Your card is STUNNING. Thanks for joining us again at Stampotique, Gez xx

Lyndal said...

This is just DIVINE Fiona - LOVE the effect you have achieved!!! GORGEOUS, gorgeous card :)

Basement Stamper said...

Love the stamping on the canvas, this is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge.

Kaz said...

Fiona this is gorgeous, I love the effect on canvas. Thanks for joining us again at Stampotique.

anya said...

Fee, this is just over the top gorgeous! I love it and all the fabulous texture! Glad to have you join us for this week's Play Date Cafe Challenge!

ARTFULwings said...

Totally totally gorgeous - fantastic colours, great use of the sketch and just love the use of canvas - FANTASTIC . Thank you for joining in with us over at Stampotique Designers Challenge Polly

Ali said...

This card is incredible! It really stood out in the thumbnails on the Stampotique blog so I had to come for a closer look - and it's gorgeous!

I love the bright, warm, summery colours (I love Dyslusions sprays too! :D) and the stamping onto canvas and OMG the stitching! How detailed and delicate! I envy you such skill and patience! :)

Just love love love this card and the techniques you've used.

Would you mind if I pin this card (making sure the pin links back here to your blog) for future inspiration?

Ali

Stacy said...

Loving this, I simply love the Dylusions Ink Sprays also :) Fabulous creation and thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Trinh said...

Gorgeous work of art!

Jocelyn Olson said...

The spray misting is SO gorgeous! I love the stenciling, too. Super pretty card! Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe!

Rossylalah said...

Truly Beautiful Fee! sooo much work has gone into this little piece of art! Just LOvely