Monday, September 3, 2012

September calendar

September marks the beginning of spring in Australia, and so I have gone with a delicate page, accented with a few punchy overgrown flowers.  (sorry about my photo quality being a bit dull)  As usual, I am playing along with Kate Crane's monthly calendar journal.


I have used texture paste through a stencil to achieve the subtle textured background.



I used acrylic paints and Shabby Shutters DI for the green colouring.  I used some tulle as a stencil to give me some interest on each days square.


Thanks for stopping by once again!

Fiona
x

Products Used:
gesso
acrylic paints
Distress Ink - shabby shutters
Paper Artsy dies - grunge flower #1 & #2, leaf
Jo Sonja texture paste
Stencils - checkers; Mini Damask and Mini Brocade by The Crafters Workshop
Black Archival Ink

Stamps Used:
Paper Artsy: HP1007; HP1006; HPXT02
Darkroom Door Alphabet Medley

9 comments:

Basement Stamper said...

Great textures on your calendar pages.

Marjie Kemper said...

Lovely page! The flowers are stunning and I love how you pulled a bit of green onto each date.

Kira - oopsicraftmypants.com said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. I love the texture and the color scheme!

DoubleTForS said...

Lovely page.

krisandkreate said...

Very ice, particularly like the embossing x

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH MY OH MY! I absolutely love love love this, Fee! I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the texture and the design of this page! FABBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBY!!!

Anesha said...

Wonderful pages, the textures and design is super!

Lynn said...

It looks great,just love the colour

thekathrynwheel said...

Great page, LOVE the texture in the background. It amuses me that you are writing about spring as we are heading into autumn! Thanks for being a part of the challenge. Hope you will still be joining the challenge for october - the link is up!