Monday, October 1, 2012

October calendar

And I'm back with October's calendar.  We don't do halloween, but I love halloween colours, so this month my calendar page is dedicated to halloween colours, although I couldn't bring myself to add purple, because the orange worked so well by itself I didn't want to spoil it!


This began with a kind of paint wash background.  I accented the darker areas with a little stamping and stencilling, before adding some orange paint/ink (I used a mixture) and some circles (gesso and paint and ink mix for the grey ones).


The daily squares were edged with Derwent Inktense pencils, then the colour dragged across each one.  A little more stamping with gesso and adding some shadow finished it off.

 

I am really happy with how striking and simple this page was.  This is for joining in with Kate Crane's monthly art journal challenge.

Fiona
x

Products Used:
Gesso
Derwent Coloursoft pencils
Derwent Inktense pencils
Archival Ink - black
Distress Ink - pumice stone; black soot
Acrylic Paint
Dylusions Ink Sprays - black marble, squeezed orange
The Crafters Workshop stencil - mini chevron

Stamps Used:
Darkroom Door - alphabet medley
Kaisercraft - bubble wrap
miscellaneous from Laughing Moon

10 comments:

Anesha said...

Great page, love the splash of orange.

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

What a beautiful page. The pop of orange is perfect against the gray and white background. So clever.

Dandelion and Daisy said...

Beautiful page, so simple yet so full of life. I really like it.

Sharon said...

Love your choice of colors.

france papillon said...

your page exhales calmness, with a gorgeous lay out. love it!

flutterbycrafter said...

Great choice of colours, the orange really finishes it off

Linda said...

such a wonderful smoky calendar page for October!

ColourFly said...

Wonderful page! I love it!

Joyous said...

Those greys are sublime when contrasted with the orange. The printed circles and stamps are delightful.

Diana said...

Very nice -- love the composition.