Sunday, February 3, 2013

And here is the new year....

Well hello to all my friends in cyberworld...

It has been many months since I have been on blogger.  We have been very very busy at the end of 2012, with selling our old house, and moving into a new house build right at Christmas.

I have tried on a couple of occasions to sit down and craft, and have struggled with finding time between sorting things out.

However, with birthdays coming up, the time has come to force myself to stop and take a little bit of creative time.  I am taking part in the Play Date Cafe #167 this week and here is there inspirational colour story:


My picture that I took of my card is a little darker than it was in real life.  I tried to combine something easy with some patterned paper, as well as a little distressing and and a little stamping.


Here's a close up of my dimensional dragonfly and a little bit of shadow effect on my text.


If you have taken the time to re-visit my blog after so many months away - thank you!

Fiona
xx


4 comments:

Jen xo said...

nice to see you back fi.... isn't that combo of colors just delish and love your card too...

Rachel W K said...

we're so glad to help you get some mojo back. you've made a wonderful birthday card with the colors! Thanks for joining us in the Play Date Cafe!
-Rachel w k
rwkrafts.blogspot.com

sparkles said...

lovely uncluttered card. Think a lot of us have got our mo jo back I certainly have !

Jen Cuthbertson said...

What a pretty dragonfly! Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe this week!