Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Play Date Cafe PDCC170

Some beautiful colours for our inspiration over at The Play Date Cafe this week.  Here is the inspiration picture:



Again, the lack of a real camera is affecting the photography of my projects, but now that this card is posted away I cannot re-photograph.

I think the cotton thread has photographed worse in this picture, it is definitely a dark version of the 'stone' colour in the inspiration picture.


I have kept my design very simple (CAS?) this week - using one stamp from Unity inked in two different colours, mounting it on a piece of dark blue cardstock and framing it with a border of embroidered colonial knots.


I little more machine stitching to finish the edge without adding any more clutter.  Thanks for popping by :)

Fiona
x

Products Used:
Archival Ink - Pale Ochre, Cobalt
Anchor #8 Pearl Cotton
Unity (Ippity) - Life's Little Moments stamp set
Bo Bunny Paper - Mellow Yellow Dot


3 comments:

Donna Bowman said...

Very cute CAS card!! Love the stitching! Thanks for playing at The Play Date Cafe.

akmoose said...

Your card really caught my eye!

Jane Wetzel said...

totally love this...I guess I gotta get out my embroidery stuff! gorgeous!