Monday, February 25, 2013

Stampotique Designers Challenge #88 - Text me :)

First of all I would like to apologise for my photos.  I know many crafty sites don't like funny edited photos or photos taken with a phone, but unfortunately when we moved just before Christmas, the camera has decided to go into hiding.  No matter where I look, I cannot find it.  I know it is here, but it is the one thing that has eluded me from the move.

Stampotique Designers Challenge is hosting a "use some text" challenge this week.  I happened to have started work on a large project, and was incorporating text into the cover, so this is my entry for this week.


One of my niece's was married in December, and as part of the wedding, guests were asked to note down some well wishes, some advice, some encouragement, anything to express their love for the bride and groom.  I am collating these into an A4 album for them, along with some fun photo booth photos taken by my son (it was an early 1900s themed wedding).


I have kept the palette very simple, using Kraft cardstock for the base, white, pumice stone and black, with hints of blue (the wedding accent colour).  You can see as part of the design of the cover I have typed up portions of the wedding vows on the right hand side, and also stamped out a few lines of the vows in pumice stone for depth and interest.



Thanks for visiting :)

Fiona
x

Products Used:

Kaisercraft Pearls
Distress Stain - Picket Fence
Distress Ink - Stormy Sky, Pumice Stone
Colorbox Pigment Ink - Frost White
RW Lasercuts embellishments
Charcoal Pencil
Copic multiliner 0.3mm
Typewriter

Stamps Used:

Paperartsy - Hotpicks - HP 1005, 1006, 1007
Paperartsy - Ink & the Dog - Words 2
Unity - Chicken Wire (by Joslyn Nielson)
Unity - Bold Butterfly (by Donna Dowey)
Tim Holtz - School Desk





4 comments:

Reflective Art Studio said...

Really Like this one.... and the palette is stunning Thanks for sharing with us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge this week.
See you again soon.
Sarinda

Libby Hickson said...

This is wonderful Fee, the cover is gorgeous, what a nice memory this will be for them. Thanks for joining us at the Stampotique Designers Challenge!

Basement Stamper said...

Fee, this is gorgeous and I'm sure that they will absolutely love the book you put together for them. So happy to see you over at Stampotique Designer's Challenge this week.

MargeGoh said...

I like it very much. Simple and amazing. Great!