Sunday, March 10, 2013

Sing it out loud - with Stampotique Designers Challenge

Stampotique Designers Challenge #90 is challenging us to be inspired by a song.  It can be a song title, or some words out of a song - that sort of thing.

I was inspired by a remake of a Bob Dylan song (which I didn't know was a Bob Dylan song until I was just typing up this post!) called "If not for you".  Now, I've made a gaffe, because I didn't have the words to the song (not realising it was a Bob Dylan song) and have used the word 'hold' instead of 'have' (now that I can google search the words because now I know who wrote it...  so typical of how we often sing along to songs and make up our own words as we go :)


So here is my art journal page....


With the quote that reads "if not for you, winter would hold no spring"


hence my spring inspired page.


Oh, and I just realised that I'm obviously having trouble with my watermark.  I'm sure I changed it to 2013 - obviously I either didn't, or didn't save my changes properly.  On another note - I did locate the missing camera from our house move at the end of last year...

Thanks for stopping by today :)

Fiona
x

Stamps Used:

Stampotique: Alphabitties (by Jill Penney & Daniel Torrente)
Unity: Advent (Donna Downey); Art & Possibility (Donna Downey)
Tim Holtz: Stuff to Say; Mixed Media
Dylusions: How Does Your Garden Grow

Products Used:

Derwent Inktense Pencils
Golden Fluid Acrylics
Golden gel medium
Golden gesso
Golden light molding paste
Archival Inks
Faber castell big brush pens
sequin waste
scrap cardstock
Faber castell pitt pen (black)
Copic multiliner (black)
white Signo pen

15 comments:

shirley said...

Hi Fee! Love your journal page. The stamps and colours are fab!
I did not know it was a Bob Dylan song either...learn something everyday! LOL!
Glad you found your camera.

AssiCrafts said...

Lovely pages! Need spring now!!! Thanks for joining us at Stampotique. XOXO

Samantha Read said...

Delightful pages Fiona, thanks for joining in with us at Stampotique this week.

Kay Wallace said...

What a great song spread, Fiona! The swapping of words (hold for have) makes little difference in the meaning. Even familiar with the song, I missed it! Love the sunshine, flowers and birdies, all preludes to Spring!!! Nicely documented.

Libby Hickson said...

Looove your pretty, springy journal pages, Fee! Thanks for playing along with the Stampotique Designers Challenge!

Jane Wetzel said...

This is really beautiful! Love using those Derwent pencils too..gorgeous color and makes me happy to look at! Always glad to see your creations at the Stampotique blog :)

Basement Stamper said...

Beautiful colors on this wonderful page. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge this week.

Anonymous said...

A huge dick in my pussy,the warm wet tounge up my arse and cum
along with pussy juice all over me. Fuck, ozzy

My blog post hcg injections

Gez Butterworth said...

Totally gorgeous Fiona. Thank you for joining the Stampotique Designers Challenge. Gez

ARTFULwings said...

Fabulous journal pages Fiona. Thank you for joining in with us over at Stampotique. Polly x

Anonymous said...

I am really loving the theme/design of your weblog.

Do you ever run into any browser compatibility problems?
A couple of my blog visitors have complained about my
website not working correctly in Explorer but looks great in Firefox.
Do you have any ideas to help fix this issue?


Feel free to visit my weblog ... kona coffee

Jenn said...

Fab journal page! Love the fun colors!

Thank you for joining the Stampotique Designers Challenge. Hope to see you again soon.

Jenn DT

Anonymous said...

Hi there, just wanted to say, I enjoyed this blog post.
It was funny. Keep on posting!

My homepage ... a knockout post

Anonymous said...

Excellent blog here! Also your website loads up very fast!
What web host are you using? Can I get your affiliate
link to your host? I wish my site loaded up as fast as yours lol

my web page inquiry

craftyvox said...

These are lovely pages! :)